Startup Europe Regions Network is looking for a new talent to our unit to perform functions as a Junior Communication Officer.
Who are we looking for?
Highly motivated, detail-oriented and team spirited Junior Communication Officer to create and implement communication strategies. As our association expands, we are looking for someone who can promote our network, interact with the public and establish productive relationships with key stakeholders and policymakers. He/she will act as a key contact for our members and will be involved in increasing the visibility of the network online, including website content planning and social media activities. Ability to embrace a diversity of tasks is essential.
Are you able to demonstrate experience in….?
- Communicating across various channels including face-to-face, with the ability to engage new members, startup association or SMEs
- Working with European funded projects, including an ability to act as a spokesperson
- Web service administration and social media knowledge, strong familiarity with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Managing data and databases of contacts (procuring, monitoring, evaluating and extracting data)
- Strong understanding of and ability to navigate confidently on web-based technologies
- Content creation for blogs and newsletters
- Excellent written and spoken command of English and French (interview will include a test)
- Ability to work flexibly, including occasional international short-term travels
- Being an active internet user knowledge of relevant technology and services (CMS, Social media, Google Analytics…)
What will be your responsibilities?
- Support and promote SERN’s goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach
- Implement and manage email and social media marketing campaigns using different platforms
- Build and maintain relationships with SERN members, journalists, bloggers, investors and customer audiences that will help advance our network
- Manage EU projects where SERN is involved as partners and contribute to EU proposals preparation.
- Engage new members, establish contact with association and other relevant stakeholders in Brussels and beyond.
- Keep abreast of new social media sites, web technologies, and digital marketing trends; implement these new technologies in developing campaigns and update current campaigns to include new information
- Regularly contribute to reporting activities, ensuring accurate recording of data
- Co-organise events, meetings and large-scale conferences
- Knowledge of the Brussels startups ecosystem
- Knowledge and understanding of data protection and GDPR
- Working knowledge of Portuguese language
- Basic or intermediate knowledge of Photoshop and video editing would be a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Marketing & Communication
If so, send your CV in English till 04/03/2019, to email@example.com. If you pass the first selection phase, we will contact you! We are curious to discover your talent!