STARTS (Science, Technology & the Arts) is an initiative of the European Commission, launched under the Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. Its purpose is to support collaborations between artists, scientists, engineers and researchers to develop more creative, inclusive, and sustainable technologies. STARTS aims to profit from the creativity and the critical thinking of artists to reflect on novel uses of technology and allow technology to be more seamlessly integrated into society.
The STARTS Residencies programme aims to support and fund artistic residencies that bring original artistic contributions to technology-based projects. The starts residencies days will take place from March 27 to March 28 at the Centre Pompidou, Paris. The entrance is free. This event aims to showcase the results of this artistic residency programme, during two days the audience will be invited to:
- Discover the residency projects and preliminary results, presented by the artists and the researchers involved in the second wave of residencies
- Learn more about the art-tech journeys of the winners of the first call
- Participate in an interactive performance
- Reflect on participative design
- Get inspired by heads of institutions and communities’ thoughts on art&tech collaborations
- Attend the official announcement of the 2019 laureates
More information here.