Startup Europe Week 2018 – ‘European Regions as Key Players’
Startup Europe Week 2018 is an initiative launched in 2016 and promoted by the European Commission and Startup Europe. Regional diversity and local policy-making still play a big role in shaping European startups. From helping entrepreneurs to incorporate a company, to providing grants or taxes breaks, European regions are key players. Taking a local perspective is crucial to supporting entrepreneurs and startups in Europe.
Startup Europe Week has several aims:
- Showcase best initiatives promoted by regions to support entrepreneurs.
- Inform the local ecosystem about what already exists to help them now.
- Provide live consulting sessions on how to open a company, apply for a grant etc.
- Share among regional officers what other regions in Europe are doing and what can be leveraged locally.
- Connect regional officers, investors and corporates to create stronger local ecosystems.
Why participate in Startup Europe Week 2018?
This is an awesome opportunity for you to learn and get the regional resources already available at an European level. This event is perfect for entrepreneurs, students, policy makers, journalists and anyone who works in the startup world. You can also find several events:
- Information sessions on local specific actions to support entrepreneurs.
- Regional authorities’ meetings.
- Information sessions about Startup Europe projects and European Commission funds Office hours and workshops with regional representatives.
- Great talks with local entrepreneurs and investors.
You can find the closest Startup Europe Week events here. You are also invited to join the official launch of Startup Europe Week 2018 (5th- 9th March) in Brussels. Further information and how to participate here.