SERN is looking for a Secretary General.
Desired profile of the applicants:
Languages required: English, French, Italian, Portuguese ; Other languages are a plus
Minimum Studies: Master’s degree; ongoing advanced studies (PhD) is a plus
Experience required: Strong background in administration, leadership, and management. 10-15years of relevant work experience, including experience in managing staff and budgets, organizing events and conferences, and developing and implementing strategic plans. A successful candidate should also have excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem-solving: A general secretary must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively.
- Interpersonal skills: A general secretary must have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships, collaborate with others, and manage conflict effectively.
- Adaptability: A general secretary must be adaptable and flexible, able to respond to changing circumstances and adjust plans as necessary.
Activities the successful candidate will perform:
As a General secretary you will assume the duty of clerical and administrative support in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office. You will manage colleagues and executives by supporting them with planning and distributing information. You will be the point of reference for all queries, requests or issues and will be an integral part of the company’s workforce. Besides you will:
- Manage the daily/weekly/monthly agenda and arrange new meetings and appointments.
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos and forms.
- File and update contact information of employees, customers, suppliers, and external partners
- Support and facilitate the completion of regular reports.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Check frequently the levels of office supplies and place appropriate orders.
- Amongst other relevant tasks.
What we offer:
The office in the center of Brussels, we offer a warm and young team, modern facilities in the office (Kitchen, coffee, food, parking etc…); 8 hours of work with flexible timetable, possibility of teleworking (maximum 2 days per week) and a competitive salary.
Interested in applying for the position? Send you CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
The deadline for application is: 24/03/2023