EIT Digital Challenge: the 5 best European digital deep tech scaleups
EIT Digital has awarded the 5 best European deep tech companies in last week’s finals of the EIT Digital Challenge scaleup contest 2020. The first prize went to Deepomatic from France. The other four winners are Icometrix (Belgium), SwipeGuide (Netherlands), Targomo (Germany), and Wishibam (France).
Augustin Marty, CEO and co-founder of the first prize winner, considers the award a huge recognition for his teamwork. He stated: “Our company is only five years old and being named by EIT Digital as the best deep tech startup in Europe is really meaningful at this moment – the beginning of our scaleup stage.”
In addition, a record number of 403 scaleups from 32 countries applied. This represented a 44% growth as compared to 2019. The EIT Digital Challenge targets European digital technology scaleups focused on the fast growth of their business in Europe and worldwide.
Almost 40% of applicants, and 3 out of 5 winners feature women as founders or C-level executives. This is a testament to EIT Digital’s efforts to support European female entrepreneurs. The 2020 laureates are the most mature prize winners in the 7-year history of the Challenge.
The 5 awarded companies will join the EIT Digital Accelerator that was recognized in 2019 as one of the five ‘World Top Public Business Accelerators’ and the programme with the best pan-European reach, as well as ‘Top 4 European Accelerator brand’ in the Startup Heatmap Europe report. Moreover, the first prize winner receives a cash prize of €100K.
5 flagship scaleups strengthening the digital future of Europe
The 20 finalists presented their innovative digital solutions to a jury composed of tech specialists, investors, and C-suite level executives of EU tech corporations. After a thorough analysis of the scaleups, their technology and market success, the jury selected the 5 winners.
- Deepomatic (FR) – a no-code visual automation platform to support field operations with computer vision applications
- Icometrix (BE) – helps effectively quantify brain abnormalities through AI-powered imaging solution
- SwipeGuide (NL) – Intelligent work instructions and procedures via augmented apps to improve productivity on the factory floor
- Targomo (DE) – Location intelligence solution to optimise retail networks, deliver better public services, and improve real estate searches
- Wishibam (FR) – Enables the creation of scalable marketplaces based on real-time store inventory
Interested in knowing more about the outstanding deep tech scaleups will compete in the final of the EIT Digital Challenge? Read the full article here.