By understanding that the use of your personal data requires your confidence, we follow the current regulations and the appropriate procedures in the treatment and data protection.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes we identify below, following the General Regulation on Data Protection (GDPR) and ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data.
SERN is responsible for the processing of the personal data of its members, partners, subscribers and visitors who subscribe to our newsletter and or submit a request for contact or evaluation of projects, following the terms of the data protection legislation in force in the European Union (the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
SERN does not share the personal data provided with any other entity, except with the funding authority for reporting or audit purposes when requested.
Personal data will be collected and processed in the following situations:
- If you complete the request of interest in receiving the SERN newsletter
- If you complete the contact request form
- If spontaneous contact occurs
- Other forms and formats of data collection
Your personal data will be collected and used for the specific purposes for which the data are provided namely for customer support (communication of information of relevant services and news in the scope of services provided by SERN), recruitment in response to any open application and to send newsletters in strict terms that you select in the Consent Form contained in this Home Page.
Under the data protection legislation in force in the European Union (the General Regulation on Data Protection – GDPR) the use of personal data must be justified under at least one legal basis for the processing of personal data.
The legal basis applicable to the collection and use of your personal data for purposes of customer service, recruitment and sending of information relating to SERN and its services is your consent.
- When you have given consent to the processing of your personal data (for this purpose you will be presented with a consent form for the use of your data, which consent may subsequently be withdrawn);
- How much processing is necessary to conclude or execute a contract with you;
- When the treatment is necessary to fulfil the legal obligations to which SERN is subject;
- When treatment is necessary to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for its use prevail over your data protection rights;
- When treatment is necessary for us to testify, exercise or defend a right in legal proceedings against you, us or a third party.
The personal data collected may include your name, email address, telephone number and/or mobile phone number, address, date of birth, curriculum vitae and/or other.
We use a variety of security measures, including authentication tools, encryption, and digital certificates to help protect and maintain the security, integrity, and availability of your personal information.
Although data transmission over the internet or website cannot guarantee complete security against intrusions, we and our service providers and business partners make every effort to implement and maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection requirements. Among others, we have implemented the following:
- Protection of information technology systems through firewalls, in order to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data;
- Continuous monitoring of access to information technology systems in order to prevent, detect and prevent the misuse of your personal data.
We store your data only for the period in which the purpose for which it was collected is valid.
Once the maximum period of conservation has been reached, your personal data will be irrevocably anonymised (anonymised data may be stored) or destroyed safely.
Your personal data is stored on the protected servers of our suppliers / service providers, being accessed and used exclusively under our policies and standards (or equivalent policies and standards of our suppliers / service providers).
At any time, you may change or withdraw your consent, with effect for the future.
If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal data you should contact our communication and marketing department through our contacts.
Subject to certain conditions, you may have the right to request us to:
- Provide you with additional information on how we use your personal information;
- Be provided with a copy of the personal data provided;
- You are provided with the personal data you have provided to another controller at your request;
- Any inaccuracy in the personal data we retain;
- Deleted personal data whose use is no longer legitimate;
- We limit the way we use your personal data until the complaint is investigated.
The exercise of these rights is subject to certain exceptions intended to safeguard the public interest (prevention or detection of crimes) or our interest (maintaining professional secrecy).
If you exercise any of these rights, we will analyse them, and we will respond, within one (1) month.
If you are unsatisfied with our use of your personal data or with our response after exercising any of these rights, in accordance with the legislation in force, you are entitled to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority (Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données – CNPD – CNPD).
Startup Europe Regions Network will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. Please let us know all the ways you would like to hear from us.
You can change your mind at any time by contacting us at [email protected] We will treat your information with respect. For more information about our privacy practices please visit our website. By sending the application form back to us, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.