Do you consider yourself an entrepreneur? Are you interested in startups? Still a bit unsure and you’ve not yet made the leap into entrepreneurship? Then we have the right quiz is for you.
People are constantly trying to define what makes someone entrepreneurial — a born business owner rather than a follower. Being a successful entrepreneur means more than starting new ventures every other day. It means the right attitude towards a business and the determination and grit to achieve success.
Well, let’s start by really understanding the term entrepreneur. By definition, an entrepreneur is “a person who starts, organizes and manages any enterprise, especially a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk.” Rather than working as an employee, an entrepreneur runs a small business and assumes all the risk and reward of a given business venture, idea, or good or service offered for sale.
In other words, an entrepreneur did not become successful by being lucky. And maybe you’ve already got an idea, a hustle on the side, or you’re just attracted by the non-corporate lifestyle; either way, there are lots of benefits to becoming your own boss. From more flexibility, to actually enjoying your day job, it’s not uncommon for employees to look sideways into the world of founders and wonder if this path could be for them, too.
Therefore, ask yourself whether you are an entrepreneur. Are you willing to take the risks? Do you have what we would say that characterizes an entrepreneur?
The 5 characteristics that make an entrepreneur?
- VISION: being able to create and deliver an easy mission for what the new venture does, in order to launch the business successfully. Inspire people to join you in your enterprise.
- CREATIVITY: injecting imagination and uniqueness into the business, it needs skills to be able to create that model and have the right strategies and to be ready on all aspects so you can beat the competition.
- DRIVE: having that natural and intrinsic energy to accomplish your goals in business while being faced with unpleasant situations.
- SELF-DISCIPLINE: it appears in different forms, such as perseverance, restraint, endurance, thinking before acting, finishing what you have started doing, and the ability to carry out decisions and plans in spite of inconvenience or obstacles.
- EMPATHY: to have the ability of understanding and feeling what the other person is experiencing from within. In other words, to put yourself in other’s shoes.
Still a bit unsure? Give these short quiz a whirl. And if you have a friend who is also interested in discovering if he/she is an entrepreneur, forward it to them, too!
[button color=”accent-color” hover_text_color_override=”#fff” image=”default-arrow” size=”large” url=”https://www.euronext.com/en/raise-capital/tech/techshare” text=”Take Quiz” color_override=””]