RESIST KICK-OFF MEETING
Tuesday, 17th of January, marked the day that the 5-year project RESIST had its kick-off. The project counts on more than 50 partners from European regions and aims to create “real solutions for regions with real problems“, Odd Are Svensen from SINTEF mentioned in his opening speech of the meeting.
The project is funded by the EU Mission Adaptation to Climate Change, with SINTEF Digital from Norway as the project manager and INOVA + from Portugal being the Operational Coordinator. SERN is part of the consortium and leading several tasks, primarily related to start-up networking and involvement.
RESIST will strengthen resilience, accelerate the transformation and increase the adaptive capacity of 12 climate-vulnerable regions in Europe, implementing 4 Large-Scale Demonstrators of resilient innovations for Climate Change.
The adaptation at the air, water, and soil level with quintuple-helix partnerships promotes the transfer of know-how and innovative solutions to 8 Twin Regions through both physical mutual-learning activities and innovative immersive digital twins.
This bottom-up approach to challenges and solutions aims to combat droughts, floods, soil erosion, heatwaves, wildfires, and coastal erosion.
The 2-day event counted with the participation of several speakers, including:
- Odd Are Svensen & Vilija Balionyte-Merle from SINTEF
- Eurico Neves & Catarina Azevedo from INOVA +
- José Manuel Silva, the Mayor of Coimbra City
- Emílio Torrão, the President of Intermunicipal Community of Coimbra Region
- Eduardo Anselmo Castro, Vice President of the Coordination and Development Commission of Centro Region
- Alessia Pietrosanti, the European Commission, CINEA
- Ryan Titley from ERRIN
- Katariina Yli Heikkila from RCSF
- Juliette Henri from Normandie
- Antonios Gasteratos from DUTH
- Anna Bonven from RM
- Erika Augustinsson from Blekinge
- Andreas Larsson from BTH
- Ratitis Madzulis from ZPR
- Olga Alcaide Ardanaz from INT
- Shinju Park from UPC
- Michele Cera from Puglia
- Pedro Pacheco from CIMBAL
- Teresa Jorge from CCDRC
- Helle Næss from VesterålenRegionråd
- Ane Høyem from Museumnord
- Fernando Pulido from the University of Extremadura
The two days event served not only to present the project, its objectives, and tasks but also allowed all the participants to meet each other in person for the first time.
Read more about the project here.