SERN was present at the European Entrepreneurial Region (EER) Award Info Day, on 17 January 2019 at the Committee of Regions. The EER Award is an initiative of the Committee of the Regions to identify and reward EU regions and cities with outstanding, future-oriented entrepreneurial strategies, regardless of their size, wealth or specific competences. The territories with the most credible, visible, forward-looking and promising political strategy are granted the label “European Entrepreneurial Region” (EER) for a specific year.
Check out our 10 tips for a successful application:
- Secure a political support by showing a strong political commitment;
- Set up a partnership around your EER strategy (with politics, civil society, universities);
- Integrate horizontal aspects related to environmental sustainability, social inclusion, etc.;
- Foster a diversity of forms of enterprise and cooperation (e.g.: clusters) and of target groups;
- Formulate indicators and consider them feasible;
- Demonstrate the label added value and how it’ll help you to boost concrete actions;
- Show European added value/networking at EU level and ensure visibility of the CoR/EER;
- Read former applications (available on the website);
- Do not neglect the SWOT Analysis, it is very important;
- Use links and footnotes to give more information and respect the page limit.
The deadline for the submission of applications is the 27th of March 2019. More information about the EER label and the application procedure here.