Looking for a Promoter and Project Manager
SERN is looking to hire a Promoter and Project Manager for its Brussels office. The role of the Promoter and Project Manager consists of two main areas of intervention:
- Promoting the association, developing the network and engaging new members and at the same time;
- Identify and explore EU funding opportunities under different programmes (in particular for regional development), for the association and its members;
In parallel with project management responsibilities, it is expected that the selected candidate assumes network development responsibilities, exploring new opportunities in the field of innovation and entrepreneurship as well policy support and strategy consulting, with its members and other stakeholders and clients, such as the European Commission and other national and international organizations. In particular, the selected candidate will be asked to show experience in regional development programmes and policy, such as INTERREG programmes, LIFE, ESPON, cohesion policy, etc.
Responsibilities and foreseen scope of activities:
- Provide strategic advice and support SERN Board to profile and develop the network;
- Reinforce the network of SERN and promote the association in a different context, at a regional level but also within the EC;
- Support current members and engage new members;
- Contribute to drafting and implementing SERN annual work programme;
- Facilitation of thematic groups and activities enabling network positioning in connection with EU project execution;
- Identify opportunities, draft grant applications, monitor their implementation and write reports to European Institutions;
- Identifies and explores new business opportunities for SERN with clients and partners, with special regards to EU funding opportunities in regional development programmes
- Representation, speaking engagements and networking with relevant stakeholders.
- University degree. A postgraduate certificate considered an advantage;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Project Manager Experience in EU innovation, research, entrepreneurship and regional innovation ecosystems.
- Strategic thinking, ability to draft reports and prepare the grant application.
- The capability of working in multicultural environments and excellent communication skills;
- Strong self-motivation and capacity to work in a team;
- International work experience;
- Multitask performance and capacity to work well under time constraints.
- Working hours flexibility;
- Excellent use of English and fluency in French, both written and spoken. Portuguese is an asset.
- Excellent IT skills.
If you are interested in joining the SERN team, please send us your CV and Cover Letter clearly marking your name in each annexe (e.g.: NAME _CV and NAME_CLetter) to [email protected].
Deadline for applicants: 20.01.2021
Start: ASAP (as of February onward)